Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

Do you regularly find yourself wandering around the grocery store without your shopping list or without a meal plan for the week? I used to find myself doing this regularly until I found this great app and website called Pepperplate. On their website (and app) you can store, create and import recipes from dozens of websites like Food & Wine or Bon Appetit. From your stored recipes, you can create meal plans for the week, create shopping lists which sync to the phone app so you will never leave your list at home again. They have streamlined and organized my kitchen and grocery shopping so I spend less at the store by not buying excess ingredients and I can quickly get in and out of the store. Check out Pepperplate and see how it can save you time and money and keep you organized.

On a completely different topic, one of my favorite "grown-up" drinks that I continue to experiment with is the Moscow Mule. If you haven't tried one think of it as a spicier, grown-up cousin to a ginger ale made with lime and ginger beer.

Moscow Mule
Yield 2
Ingredients:
  • 4- 5 oz. Vodka
  • 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and sliced
  • 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
  • 1 lime, plus more for garnish
  • 6-8 oz. ginger beer (do not use ginger ale)
  • ice
Directions:
  1. Fill a shaker with ice. Add vodka, lime juice, ginger slices and mint leaves to the shaker. Shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes to get it very cold and frothy. 
  2. Fill glasses with ice and pour vodka over ice. Top off glass with ginger beer and garnish with lime and mint leaves.



Enjoy! I dare you to just have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment